Who said Valentine’s celebrations have to follow the same routine every year? I have compiled a list of ten ideas below for you to consider in your quest to impress your date.
- Alabama Wildlife Center is hosting their 2018 Wild About Chocolate event at The Harbert Center on Saturday February 10th from 7:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M. Enjoy appetizers, beverages and of course chocolate while at the same time helping a good cause.
- World Of Wheels – The O’Reilly Auto Parts Custom Auto Show takes place from Friday February 9th through Sunday February 11th at the Birmingham Jefferson Civic Center. If you love to see automotive perfection up close this is the place to go.
- Skating – Holding hands and skating can make your heart beat faster (preferably from romance rather than fear or exertion). Whether you go the traditional route of roller skates (there are several options around Birmingham), or try your favorite spin move on ice at the Pelham Civic Complex and Ice Arena this is one way to be charming (and maybe adventurous) if you dare.
- Dinner at Arlington – Want something more sophisticated? Get your reservations now for dinner at Arlington Antebellum Home and Gardens taking place on Friday February 9th, or Saturday February 10th at 6:00 P.M.
- More Love at the Lyric – Birmingham’s own award winning pianist Drew Mays will be performing love songs at the Lyric Theater on Sunday February 11th at 2:30 P.M.
- Vulcan – Is it time to get serious? I mean really serious??? Vulcan Park and Museum is offering wedding packages and vow renewal packages at various times throughout the day on February 14th. Not ready for that much commitment yet? Then plan to take in the beautiful view of Birmingham while sharing the moment at the top of Vulcan.
- Casablanca – Go see the classic movie at the Alabama Theater on Wednesday February 14th at 7:00 P.M. Show off your vocal skills to your date while singing along with the Mighty Wurlitzer before the move starts. Romantic classic movie on Valentine’s Night…you’ve got a winning idea.
- Valentine’s Day Dinner River Cruise – If moonlight, a riverboat and good music sounds just right to you then there are a couple of options to consider. You can drive to Tuscaloosa and board the BAMA Belle Paddlewheel Riverboat, or you can go to Montgomery and board The Harriott II Riverboat. Both are offering Valentine’s evening dinner cruises beginning at 6:30 P.M.
- Jim Brickman – This award winning artist will be performing romantic music at The Lyric Theater on Saturday February 17th at 2:00 P.M. and 8:00 P.M. that is sure to thrill.
- Birmingham Home Show – The Birmingham Home Show takes place at the Birmingham Jefferson Civic Center on Thursday February 15th through Sunday February 18th. Take your favorite person to the show and get new ideas for your own home remodeling project, or decide what features you want in your new home. You also can check out cooking demonstrations from local chefs and even eat locally while there.
As you can see there are many options available to make a great impression on your sweetheart. Pick one, or more of them to enjoy together.